21 June, 2010

I Don't Want To be a Peacemaker!

It was my turn to teach Primary on Sunday. Our lesson was on being Peacemakers. We talked about things that make our families sad and things that make our families happy. I then had the kids say the word "peacemaker" a couple of times. We talked about Heavenly Father and Jesus being peacemakers and how they wanted us to be a peacemaker and how it was choosing the right. I was in the middle of explaining what peace meant when 4-year-old Brendan exclaimed, "I don't want to be a peacemaker!" "'Cause!" when I asked him why. Fortunately, my team teacher came to the rescue, she reassured Brendan that he was already a peacemaker because he was always doing nice things for others and helping. She knew this because she is Brendan's neighbor. He was OK then and wanted to know if it was time to color his happy/frowny face. The joys of teaching! I can only surmise that he got confused way back when we were talking about happy and sad families and thought maybe a peacemaker meant sadness. Who knows what goes through the mind of a 4-year-old. I certainly don't remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment