Yesterday was Stephanie's 18th birthday. She is an adult! What a bittersweet day. No more babies, all adults. She worked for a while, but got off early. Instead of me treating her to 25 Main Cafe for lunch, she treated me. We both enjoyed our salads and then I treated her to some yummy cupcakes! We picked one up for Lynnette and took it to her at work later in the day. After I finished up work, we enjoyed dinner together. I treated her to Red Robin and we enjoyed the best fried zucchini sticks! Afterward, we went window shopping. We stopped by Sweet Tooth Fairy Bakery and picked up some cake bites and a cookie bar that we decided to save for today. Then we stopped by Old Navy and DownEast. DownEast is nothing to brag about in my opinion and is very expensive. Stephanie did find her a couple of cooler summer shirts to for this hot weather.
After Lynnette was born, I kind of figured that would be it. No more children! We had a large his, mine and ours family and both were working to make ends meet and survive. But then I developed headaches and had to stay home. We moved to Denver where Dennis could do better with car sales. Lynnette had reached the age of kindergarten and I was beginning to make plans for how I would spend my hours while she was at school. Those plans, whatever they were, never reached fruition as I discovered I was pregnant. This came as a shock and surprise. In fact, no one was more stunned than Dennis. I had been sick for three weeks, had no appetite, was losing weight and Dennis insisted I go to the doctor. We were afraid I had some terminal illness. When the doctor threw the pregnancy test on the exam table he said that's your problem. Your pregnant! Still stunned and shocked, Dennis asked how that happened. The doctor simply said if you don't know by now, I'm not telling you. Nine months later, Stephanie came into our lives at around 5:20 AM on June 17, 1992 in Englewood, Colorado. She weighed 8 pounds and 4 ounces. Another girl! I think Heavenly Father knew I would be a fish out of water if he sent a baby boy to our home so He sent Stephanie. She has been a joy to have. I have learned much being her mother. I have been blessed to watch her grow and mature over the years.
Stephanie will make a fine adult. She has a good head on her shoulders and knows what she wants out of life and is working hard to achieve her goals and dreams. I am sure she will go far in life. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, STEPHANIE!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment