This blog describes the joys of life as it includes involvement with family, grandchildren, children, friends, and coworkers. However, life is not always a bowl of cherries while enjoyable is gone before you know it. Life is about experiencing the good, the bad, the sweet and the not-so-sweet. It's about living life to the fullest! Viva la vida!
07 June, 2010
I Took the Plunge!
No, not swimming! Water is my big fear, especially water in my face! I always thought that I would have job security with the State, but these last two years have left me doubting. This weekend, Friday in fact, I started updating my resume to send to a radio station that is hiring a director for their community resources division. I have known about this job for a couple of weeks but did nothing about it because I actually love my current job but I am not making enough money. Then for no apparent reason Friday, I started working on my resume. A quick internet search told me the job was still open. I finished the resume late Friday and did nothing else. Saturday, I didn't give my resume another thought. Sunday while I was teaching my Primary class and we were talking about the Holy Ghost and how it is a great treasure, the words "Cherry Creek Cares" came into my mind. I resolved then and there, that there was a reason for this and my experience on Friday and that I needed to act on it. Later on Sunday, Lynnette called to tell me she heard a public service announcement about Cherry Creek Cares--she did not and does not know about my Primary experience. Well, this morning I emailed the contact person for this job and he told me to send him my resume. I took the one I worked on Friday, tweaked it a little bit more and submitted it with a cover letter. Yes, I took the plunge to begin looking for more stable employment that pays more money. I figure nothing ventured is nothing gained.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope it works out! I love working at the Radio station! I think you would have a great time at CCR, plus who knows what other doors it might open.
ReplyDelete