15 May, 2010

Amber Lou Who




My phone rang last night and I had a very pleasant surprise. Miss Amber Lou Who was calling. It has been a while since I talked to my granddaughter and at first I thought she was Hailey. She sounded very mature and grownup until I made a comment about her daddy working a lot. Her reply told me I had been dupped! I wasn't talking to Hailey at all. We chatted for a few minutes about school and the things she has been doing with her friends.



Amber is fast approaching 11. She was born on 9/9/99. She is Betsy and Shane's youngest daughter. Our relationship got off to a rocky start at first because her family moved to St. George and then back to Denver when she was a baby. The girls and I were living in Cedar City at the time. We did not have much of a chance to bond. However, once we bonded, I think she was around three, we have had a lot of fun together. She is very active and likes to be on the go alot. She is a dare devil as you can see from the first picture. She stand on a rock that hangs over Navajo Lake on top of Cedar Mountain! She has a great sense of humor and likes to tease and joke. She doesn't mind being teased either. My pet names for her have been "Poppy Seed" and "Chicken Berry" because she likes poppy seed muffins and she likes eggs. She is a good reader and does well in school. When she comes to visit in the summer she turns into a fish and loves being in the swimming pool. If a pool isn't available anything with water will suffice.





Heavenly Father blessed my family with a special little spirit who is full of life and love when He sent Amber to earth. I am so thankful she is in my family. She brings love and sunshine where ever she goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment