This blog describes the joys of life as it includes involvement with family, grandchildren, children, friends, and coworkers. However, life is not always a bowl of cherries while enjoyable is gone before you know it. Life is about experiencing the good, the bad, the sweet and the not-so-sweet. It's about living life to the fullest! Viva la vida!
16 July, 2010
Thank You, Pioneers!
I think sometimes we take our luxuries of life for granted. I have spent the last four days working in an office without air conditioning. The outside temperature was well above 100 degrees, the inside temperature never dropped below 81 degrees. In the morning when I would get to work, the thermostat in my office read at least 84 degrees. It was like opening a door to a sauna. Apparently, some part went out, has been ordered and we are waiting for the repair tech to get things fixed. On Thursday evening, there wasn't any electricity on when I got home. It seems something went wrong in this area and we are the ones who did with out electricity. I was beginning to think we would need to find a motel with cheep rates for the night. I have often heard stories of the pioneers wetting their sheets at night and sleeping on top of the roofs to keep cool. I was trying to figure out a way for Steph and I to keep cool when the electricy came on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment